Sutter Special Start Program
Sutter Women's Services
|Jacqueline Masullo consults with a pregnant patient as part of Sutter’s Special Start Program.|
Sutter Special Start Program offers pregnant women and their partners support for their baby with a condition that will require special care after delivery. It can be hard when you are faced with news that your baby may have special needs. Learning about conditions and treatment options can be overwhelming. It is important for you to know that you are not alone. There are many resources and dedicated team members here for you and your family.
Once your baby is diagnosed with a medical condition during your pregnancy, your doctor will refer you to the Sutter Special Start Program Coordinator. The coordinator will:
- Offer support and education on your baby’s health condition.
- Refer you to the special team of health care professionals ready to prepare you and your baby for delivery and ongoing care.
- Link you with other parents who share in your same experience.
Sutter Special Start Menu of Services:
- Up to weekly support during pregnancy and postpartum
- Referral to special care pediatric clinics and other providers
- Pre- and post-pregnancy support groups
- Parent Google group to post questions and seek support
- Hospital tours, including the neonatal intensive care unit
How To Participate in the Sutter Special Start Program:
f you are delivering at Sutter Medical Center, Sacramento and have been diagnosed with one of the following conditions, you are eligible for our services free of charge.
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Cleft Lip/Palate
- Neural Tube Defects
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Abdominal Wall Defects
- Other conditions
Ask your doctor to refer you to the Sutter Special Start Program.
For more information, contact Jacqueline Masullo, program coordinator, at email@example.com or call (916) 453-3468.