Sutter Center for Integrative Holistic Health
The Dance/Movement Therapy program offers a variety of programs tailored to the specific needs of patients. The program is directed by Nandi Szabo and includes services covering a range of needs, including:
- Dance Movement Therapy support group for people healing from cancer at Sutter Cancer Center in Sacramento California. This 12-week program uses dance movement and imagery to enhance the healing process. Classes are held at both Sutter Cancer Center and Sutter Davis and require physician approval. Call (916) 457-1966 for more information and registration.
- Private practice offering individual sessions for Dance Movement Therapy and Expressive Therapy.
- Lymphedema Services for individuals and groups sessions geared toward preventing fluid retention and maintaining proper drainage of the lymph system using the Lebed Method®, Focus on Healing through Movement and Dance.
- Creative rehabilitation providing individual and group sessions for those recovering from a major illness and surgery using the Lebed Method™®, Focus on Healing through Movement and Dance.
- Consulting service offered through Creative Interventions in Sacramento. Facilitates in-service training, workshops and retreats for hospitals, corporations, educational groups and social service organizations that focus on employee wellness, stress management, team building and vision planning.
- Community forums of workshops or experiential lectures for the general public using the arts as a healing modality. Subjects include "Movement as Medicine," "The Healing Power of Intentional Movements," "Joy as a Daily Practice," and others.
- Reintegration Services contracting with agencies to help the chronically mentally ill reintegrate into the community.
The programs are designed to reach a range of audiences that include the general public, women with breast cancer, patients recovering from surgery and heart attacks, and people dealing with chronic mental illness, including schizophrenia.
For information about the programs, please call (916) 457-1966.
Bella Dreizler, P.T.
P. Nandi Szabo, M.A., ADTR