About Our Heart & Vascular Institute
Sutter Heart & Vascular Institute
When dealing with matters of the heart, you can trust the skill and experience of one of the region's most respected health care leaders. For more than 45 years, the Sutter Heart & Vascular Institute has provided advanced, compassionate cardiac care for patients ranging from premature infants to the elderly. Sutter offers the widest array of heart-related services in Northern California, including expert diagnosis and treatment for heart attacks, congenital cardiac defects, congestive heart failure, valve conditions, heart arrhythmias, and circulation problems.
From its beginning in 1957, Sutter Heart & Vascular Institute has been a pioneer in providing the latest advances in care to patients of all ages. The list of notable firsts for Greater Sacramento include:
- First successful open-heart surgery
- First pediatric open-heart surgery
- First heart transplant
- First interventional vascular program
- First to perform coronary angioplasty
- First to perform electrophysiology
- First to perform transmyocardial laser revascularization (TMR)
- First to perform endoscopic vein harvesting
- First to perform pediatric tele-echocardiology
- First to perform pediatric interventional heart catheterization
Patients in the Sacramento Sierra Region have easy access to the Sutter Heart & Vascular Institute, with campuses located at Sutter Medical Center, Sacramento, Sutter Roseville Medical Center, Sutter Auburn Faith Hospital and Sutter Davis Hospital.
Sutter Heart & Vascular Institute's primary campus, and administrative office, is located at Sutter Medical Center, Sacramento.
The Sutter Heart & Vascular Institute can be found at the following locations:
- Sutter Medical Center, Sacramento
- Sutter Roseville Medical Center
- Sutter Auburn Faith Hospital
- Sutter Davis Hospital