Sutter Children's Center, Sacramento
Children with congenital or acquired conditions affecting the urinary tract or genitalia come under the care of pediatric urologists who provide comprehensive evaluation and treatment of conditions that include:
- Recurrent urinary tract infections (ages 3 and under or 4 and over)
- Undescended testicles
- Malformations of the urinary tract or genitalia
- Gynecological issues in girls
- Kidney trauma, malformations or diseases, including all stages of reduced kidney function
- Urinary incontinence or other voiding difficulties, including encorpresis
- Tumors and cysts
- Nighttime (nocturnal enuresis or bedwetting or daytime accidental wetting (diurnal enuresis)
Sophisticated diagnostic tools including urodynamic studies give physicians a clear picture of underlying conditions. Treatment plans address the causes through medication, surgery and behavior modification, as needed, and may progress as the child develops. When surgery is required, surgeons most often perform minimally invasive endoscopic or laparoscopic surgeries to reduce the child's recovery time and risk of complications.
Our pediatric urologists are:
- Eric A. Kurzrock, M.D.*
- Jennifer Yang, M.D.*
*UC Davis physicians providing services at Sutter Children’s Center, Sacramento.
For more information about pediatric urology services, call 916-734-2222.
To find out more about conditions affecting the urinary tract or genitals, please visit our health information section.
Pediatric urology information handouts:
Eric A. Kurzrock, M.D., F.A.A.P., pediatric urologist, Sutter Children's Center, has prepared several informational handouts. Most of the handouts are available in English and Spanish and can be viewed using Adobe Reader (PDF) or will open in another Web page. These handouts are for basic information only and are not to replace your visit with a physician.
- Hernia/Hydrocele - signs, symptoms, and treatment.
English - Hernia | Spanish - Hernia
- Hypospadias - Hypospadias is a congenital abnormality of the penis that is characterized by an abnormal position of the urethral opening.
English - Hypospadias | Spanish - Hypospadias
English - Hydronephrosis
- Undescended testicle — signs, symptoms, and treatment.
English - Undescended testicle | Spanish - Undescended testicle
- Daytime wetting and void dysfunction in children — signs, symptoms, and treatment.
English - Daytime wetting | Spanish - Daytime wetting
English - Varicocele
- Voiding Cystourethrogram (VCUG)
English - VCUG
- Bactrim (Septra) is an antibiotic used to treat a wide variety of infections including urinary, ear and respiratory infections.
English - Bactrim | Spanish - Bactrim
- Ditropan is a medication that acts to relax the bladder, allowing it to hold more urine.
English - Ditropan | Spanish - Ditropan
- Urodynamic testing for children is a diagnostic tool to evaluate bladder function.
English - Urodynamic