Why Choose Sutter?
Blood & Marrow Transplant
Sutter Cancer Center 's Blood and Marrow Transplant Services offers physicians several advantages including:
- Leadership of Medical Director Michael Carroll, M.D. Dr. Carroll has 20 years experience in transplants and has participated in more than 2,000 transplant procedures. In addition to his medical directorship of the Blood & Marrow Transplantation and Hematological Malignancies Programs, he is also Assistant Medical Director, Sutter Regional Cancer Institute
- Affiliation with the Sutter Cancer Center
- Program staff has extensive experience gained since the program's inception in 1993.
- Excellent outcomes.
- Dedicated BMT Unit on the 4th floor of Sutter General Hospital (next to the office building of Dr. Carroll's staff). This HEPA-filtered area operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week; and it is designed to promote healing and patient comfort.
- Direct referral to the transplant physician
- Easy access to the program with a dedicated BMT physician referral line: (916) 453-5830
- Prompt patient scheduling
- Communication with the referring physician after transplant
- Educational opportunities available to the referring physician or medical group