Sutter Cancer Center Treatments & Services
Use of lasers in medicine continues to expand as research uncovers new applications and laser technology becomes increasingly refined. Therapies using lasers in cancer treatments include treating cancer and precancerous conditions on the skin surface and on the linings of organs. Doctors treat internal conditions using a scope that can be inserted into the body's natural openings or through small incisions. Because lasers reduce bleeding and can be easily inserted without open surgery, treatments can often be performed on an outpatient basis and offer faster, easier recoveries. Laser treatments may not be as long-lasting as traditional therapies and may require retreatment at a later date; however, so physicians may suggest an alternative treatment if they feel another method will produce better results.
Sutter Cancer Center, Sacramento offers exceptional expertise in laser therapies alone or combined with other cancer therapies.
More information about laser treatments is available under specific cancers listed in the cancer topic of our Health Information Library. Additional information is also available from the National Cancer Institute www.cancer.gov and the American Cancer Society www.cancer.org.
- Biologic Therapy (Immunotherapy)
- Blood and Marrow (Stem Cell) Transplant
- Consultative Tumor Conference
- Cryoablation (Fibroademnomas/Benign Breast Tumors)
- Cyto-reductive Surgery with Heated Intraperitoneal Therapy
- Gamma Knife® Radiosurgery
- Geriatric Oncology
- Hyperthermia / Sugarbaker Procedure
- Infusion Therapy
- Laser treatments
- Medical Oncology (Outpatient and Acute Care)
- Pediatric Cancer Care
- Prostate Seed Therapy
- Radiation Oncology
- Robotic Surgery for Kidney Cancer
- Robotic Surgery for Prostate Cancer
- Surgical Oncology (Outpatient and Acute Care)
- Thermal Ablation
- Other treatments