Sutter Acute Care Case Management &
Social Work Programs
Sutter Health Sacramento Sierra Region | 1-800-544-1808 option 5
The Case Management Team is made up of nurses, social workers and support staff. We support you and your family during your hospital stay, and prepare you for discharge by letting you know what to expect when you leave the hospital. We work with you and your family to offer options for:
- Skilled nursing or extended care
- Medical equipment
- Home health/Hospice
- Explanation of insurance benefits
- Referrals to community resources
Should you or your doctor decide that you need care at a skilled nursing or long term care facility, we can assist you by reviewing options, answering basic insurance coverage questions and submitting required paperwork.
The hospital social workers are trained to help you and your family adjust to changes while you are in the hospital. Being in the hospital is stressful for most people and can bring up different feelings. We can help you and your family with these emotional needs.
Most people are not familiar with the words and terminology used by their healthcare team. They do not feel good about asking a lot of questions. We can help you ask questions and better understand your health condition.
We may help by providing:
- Emotional support
- Information and education
- Coordination of family meetings with the physician
- Community resource referrals
Please contact the Case Management (CM) or Social Work (SW) Department at your hospital:
- Sutter Auburn Faith Hospital (CM) (530) 889-6053 - (SW) (530) 888-4593
- Sutter Davis Hospital (530) 759-7458
- Sutter General Hospital (CM) (916) 733-3008 - (SW) (916) 733-1805
- Sutter Memorial Hospital (CM) (916) 733-1018 - (SW) (916) 733-1805
- Sutter Roseville Medical Center (916) 781-1422